Reformat your Windows XP computer will erase and delete everything on your hard drive and reinstall the operating system but its only for " C drive" and "D drive wont be erase" so better save your files first in "D drive" in case for formatting. To prevent getting lost of your important data such as documents, pictures, music, etc you will need backup your information prior to reformatting.
After you have reformatted your computer, you will need to reinstall all of your personal data, as well as any software products you may use (for example, Microsoft Office, iTunes, Symantec AntiVirus, etc.
NOTE: If you have a network connection, please remove unplug from the network before starting installation.
Reformatting your Windows XP computer has three main parts:
1. Reformatting the computer from your operating system CD.
2. Reinstalling the drivers that came with your computer.
3. Running Windows Update to reinstall all security updates.
STEPS IN FORMATTING
1. First thing you need to make sure that your computer is set the priority to Boot to CD or you can use f8 and select a drive to boot and choose "CD-ROM". When your computer first boots look for an option to enter the BIOS settings. Under the BIOS settings find the "Boot Order" and make sure the CD-ROM is set to boot first, got me?
2. Prepare your Windows XP CD in the CD-ROM drive, go to BIOS set up and save your BIOS settings and exit.
3.If do everything correctly what i have said you must see in the screen "Press Any Key to Boot from CD". then Press any key to start
4.After installing the necessary setup files. Windows XP will display your partitions. Select the Partition you want to reformat and select "C drive" you will see instruction below in the screen "ENTER" to install, "D" for delete partition. of course go for "enter"
5.It will ask how you would like to format the partition, select "Format using the NTFS file system". then press "ENTER" then it will process for formatting partition and wait for the pc to restart okey?
6.After the partition is formatted, Windows XP will begin installation. The computer will reboot and while the computer is rebooting please do not touch any keys. The screen should display like this :
7.Enter your product key on your windows xp, If you purchased Windows XP from the IMU Bookstore, the product key will be located on the back of the sleeve your CD came in. If you are reformatting using a Windows XP CD that came with your computer, the product key may be located on a sticker somewhere on your computer case.
8.Windows XP will now complete installation and upon completion you will need to re-install the drivers for your hardware (Modem,Network, Sound, Video and other stuff. Many PC companies such as Dell, Gateway, and HP will include a "Driver
Installation CD with the computer. Simply insert the CD and follow the instructions. Otherwise, you can download current drivers which it was supported.
Press thanks! if it help's you =)
if you have more question you can Pm me directly and i reply asap